From the article: How to Deal with an Arrogant Doctor
Sometimes we have no choice but to learn to deal with doctors who come across as arrogant or superior. Yet, we patients must still be able to ask the questions we need to ask, and get the answers we need, despite the unpleasant personality of Dr. Arrogant. Here are some stories and suggestions from empowered patients. Share Your Experience
- i went to a doctor last week for the intestines and stuff cause i was diganosed with diverticulous and when the doctor looked at me he asked why am i seeing him i told him i have pain in my abodmine, and was trying to tell him other symptoms as well. he looks at me as i'm talking stops me in the middle of what i'm saying and askes me if i have ADHD i answer yes then he truns around and tells me well theres ur problem then he test my stools and finds a bacteria in my stomache from antibotics and sends in a perscription i had a question about it and call him to ask and he says well thats only on lab rats and askes me if i'm a lab rat in disquises and yes i'm on medicade i've also delt with two other punk doctors and not the type of person to be a reble so not sure what to do i live in albuq nm
- —Guest gigi3958
In need of Spinal Surgery
- My Spine is narrowing and causes me a lot of pain went to see a Nureosurgeon and bcz. I am on Indaegent care he treated me like I was not even there nothing I had to say even mattered. So is there anyway I can see another Suregeon . I have no Income and signing up for my Disability. I need Help I am hurting to the point that I don't even care about Life its a constant battle just to do light house work and this Surgery that he says I don't need would Help me so much but bcz. I am on Indegent Care I don't seem to exsist . so if you have any ,Idea how I can get the Help I need Please let me know... I'm not good in Tennessee !!!
- —Guest Cheryl Romines
- Patients are not the fault most of the time. If a doctor cannot folloe the profcode ofconduct and ethics or hipocrates oath..report them..you might save.someone else life. Boo hoo drs..are you paid minimum wage?
- —Guest Patient as customer
- I have had a bad bad exp. with an addiction dr. he is very rude and yells at you, when you have done nothing- I have never had such a bad dr.he will tell you something and say he never said that- the wait for dr. is 3 - 4 hours every time maybe less if your lucky?i have seen this and it has been done.
- —Guest yello
Lying libelous urologist
- The man is a bully, apparently very insecure. IN his final note he claimed a histry of a disease that is incorrect. Upon calling his medical records person, I was told she cuold not amend the records, because I had made the error in the first place. I cannot complain to the doctor because he wrote untruths about our interactions in his records.
My doctor claims she cured my Chron's
- My doctor is a spokesperson for a pharmaceutical company who makes Budesonide medicine for Chron's because it failed me she will not treat with and other medicine. I furnished documents of other proven treatments. Which she would not even read. Then she became very rude suggested I find those doctors to treat me and told me I am cured of Chron's and no longer in need of her care. If she cured Chron's she would be one of the most famous doctors who discovered the cure for chron's disease for which we know there is no such cure. And my body wouldn't have rashes all over from chron's.
Arrogant and abusive Surgeon
- I attended the public hospital in my area on Friday having waiting for 6 months to see Orthopedic Surgeon. Since 2007 I have been experiencing pain in my knees and hips effecting my walking, standing climbing stairs, sitting for long periods . It has got increasingly worse. In Nov 2012 I went to the city walking a short distance of one side of a block from railway station. It was uphill by the time I got there I could barely stand and took pain relief to no effect. I hobbled into my doctor next day and he was shocked. He sent me for xray of my hip and then referred me to Ortho Clinic. This doctor called Peter ? even before I sat down said how long have you been this BIG!. You can afford to lose 20 kg. well since my gallbladder surgery in April I have actually lost 7.2kg I said. 5 times through out the consult he said this to me. He quickly looked at xray and said your not a candidate for hip replacement and too young, I am 59. I am shattered.I am going back to my doctor today.
Being bullied & insulted
- I am turning 52, with chronic morning headache and ear pain but no effective cure thru my family doctor. I recently change to seeing a new family doctor (Dr.G). In the first 2 consultations, Dr.G educated me with a new thought that I have been with "morning high blood pressure". I then keep self-measuring my blood pressure every morning. They are all within the range of upper 100 to 120 and lower 70 to 80. At the 3rd consultation, I expressed I still had all the pains and woke up with bad dreams. And after reading my self-measured data, Dr.G turned to focus on my mild sinus infection and prescribed me nasal sprays. At the end, Dr.G directly said : "Although you just 51, you talk like a 91 aged woman, cause you keep complaining a lot of things. Your forehead, ear and throat pains, .... Since your previous family doctor had referred you to specialists and they diagnosed no more treatments, I did not know how to take care of you. You should get more social life and be relaxed."
- —Guest HBKW
never heard me
- SOME TIME AROUND LATE JAN I BEGAN HAVING PAINFUL SPASM THAT BEGAN BETWEEN MY SHOULDER BLADES AND A PAINFUL ELECTRICAL SHOCK WOULD GO DOWN MY LEFT ARM.THIS HAPPENED WHEN I COUGHED OR SNEEZED.A COUPLE DAYS LATER THE SPASMS AND SHOCKS WERE GOING DOWN BOTH ARMS.A FEW DAYS LATER AS I WAS GETTING OUT OF BED ONE MORNING I FOUND I WAS UNABLE TO STAND.MY LEGS HAD NO STRENGTH IN THEM AT ALL. AND WHEN TRYING TO WALK,THE LEFT FOOT KEPT TRYING TO COME DOWN ON THE TOP OF MY RIGHT FOOT.I WAS NOT EXPERIENCING ANY PAIN IN MY LEGS AT ALL.THEY WERE JUST TOTALLY WEAK. , I WENT TO THE BARSTOW HOSPITAL'S ER THIS WAS THE FIRST DOCTOR TO EXAMINE ME.I FELT COMFORTABLE WITH HIM IMMEDIATELY.THIS DOCTOR EXAMINED ME AND IMMEDIATLEY ORDERED A CT.HE PERFORMED STRENGTH TESTS ON MY LEGS ,FEET AND HANDS,AND ARMS.THE MOTOR EXAM FOR BOTH LEGS WERE 1+/5+. HE ORDERED BLOODWORK..HE TOLD ME IT WAS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME TO FOLLOW UP AND WAS TOLD THAT I NEEDED TO CONTACT MY DR TO HAVE HIM REQUEST TO HAVE AN MRI DONE RIGHT AW
- —Guest KATHLEEN
Unethical and rude doctor
- I saw this doctor a few years ago but quit seeing him after during an office visit he asked me out on a date. I had to see him last week because my regular doctor was out. This doctor was very rude stated" we do not have time to chit-chat" but then he started talking about another patient. He wanted to do a blood test for high cholesterol but I am allergic to the meds so what use would a blood test do? Just more money for him. I am at a lose about what to do. The doctor I normally see has gotten to where he does not even listen to my heart. I know I need to find a new doctor but I am afraid they will not give me meds for fibromyalgia. The other doctor I saw did tell me lies and would not look at me while he was talking. My mother in law sees this doctor and is happy with him because he gives her the pain meds she asks for because she saw him in public very intoxicated.
- —Guest Janice
- I go to a doctor every month pain mangement. I was talking to him as he was writing and he said shut up i.m writing a script for narcotics what do i look like a machine. Dont come back if you misplace or do anything with the script the state will take away my licsense the state this and the state that nothing about my problems just the state..I do need to seek another doctor but i think this one owes me somekind of apology.. yeah right i was no good from the beginning of our doctor patient relationship thats the same thing he says each month also...he gave me a compliment the last time in his office he needs to take it back because i was a bad girl he keeps his scripts written in our folders for months I think he isnt all their thats why he told me off...i hate this guy and i even give him gifts for the holidays he can stick his pad and pencil up his ass he needs to be reported he sounds as if he is commiting a crime.
- —Guest Ronda
Arrogance Equals Danger
- Over and over I have met arrogant doctors and nurses who think they know my type one diabetes better than I do (never mind I have had this condition longer than a lot of them have been alive). This is dangerous as I have ended up in dka and in severe hypoglycemia while in their so-called care. For once I would love to find a doctor that admits I know better. I would respect them all the more for their humility and respect of ME. Haven't found such a doctor here in Portland, Oregon.
- —Guest Elea
THE GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ
- i went to see a podiatrist due to pain in my foot. I had previously went to urgent care with the same complaint. At urgent care, they did an xray which showed a foreign object in my foot. I went to see a podiatrist whom i shall refer to as the great and powerful OZ! Before even examining me or reviewing xrays, he insisted that there was nothing in my foot and he was most certainly sure that it must be the shoes i am wearing. When he asked me to point to where the pain is and i did, he miraculously found the smallest corn in that area known to man and chisled it off with some apparatus. He then asked me "to do something really crazy and point to where the pain is again" as if that macrocorn was the reason, and when i did. he came with his prepared chiches and isms such as "its easier to operate on your closet then on your foot" and other idiotic statements. He then humbled himself and performed, yes, performed an xray on my foot. Once he could see that there was indeed an object
- —Guest none
p't advocate for my wife
- My wife lost her memory caused by unnecessary medications,but her provider would not allow me in the examining room in order to ask questions that were on my mind. I have never met him!?!? B. Siehling
- —Guest bernard siehling
- My mother was seen by Dr. PK in February, 2009 following hospital-induced preventable anoxic injury. Her incorrectly down-size trach’ tube slipped out of her airway during nurse-turning, causing Mom sever oxygen-deprivation for nearly 15 minutes, and she became comatose. Dr. PK prescribed large does of Depacon, claiming it would “wake her up,” and ordered a CAT scan and an EEG. Dr. PK stated that my mother would be on this drug “for the rest of her life.” This drug did not “wake her up". I instructed her regular doctor to d/c Depacon, and then my mother began to wake up. This drug compromised my Mother’s kidneys, leading to her Wrongful Death. Dr. PK's bedside manner was rude and abusive. She said, "Mom outlived her lifespan, put her in hospice.” The nurse said that Dr. Klein spoke inappropriately. When pressed for information regarding therapies etc, Dr. PK said, “There’s nothing, now I have to leave and do something else.”
1-15 of 80Next