Have you been denied medical care from a doctor? Did you know why, and were you able to repair the relationship? Or did you have to move on to find another doctor? Please share your story with others to help them understand what behaviors to avoid. Share Your Experience
DISMISSED BY PSYCHIATRIST
- I was dismissed by my psychiatrist, or I should say his staff due to the fact I was 17 minutes late and I had missed 2 appointments 2 years ago.
The receptionist was not only rude, but kept on screaming to me in front of everyone in the waiting room.
I found very unfair that I was dismissed, since he had been my psychiatrist for 14 years.
I called several times, either they didn't answer my call because the saw the ID number, or refused to give him my messages.
I said I was going to report him, although I feel he really isn't aware of what had happened and don't want to do that to him, since he was always great to me.
Meanwhile, I have no meds, I still have about a month before I get seeing by a new doctor and hate it.
I have been looking for forms to file a complaint but have not been able to find one yet.
I would like to hear some advise on how I should handle this.
dismissed by pcp
- been going to pcp for almost two years. first doctor, decided didn't need to see me anymore after 5 m onths of treating for diabetes and high blood pressure, no explanation given. many complaints filed by me with no response until 8 months later when they assigned me to new doctor. always told test results were normal, a1c excellent. then care team went on mychart which allows acccess to patients. found out from day one had anemia, chornic kidney disease stage 3 and high cholesterol. never mentioned to me or treatment plan offered. i asked in writing why i was never told any of this in almost two years. doctor refused to address issues. after a m onth of trying to get information and answers, was told i would be seeing new doctor at next visit. new docotr, was director of clinic who made it abundantly clear i was not welcom at his clinic again. when i asked why i was told, you researach verything, ask too many questions and never do what are told. only refused colomoscopy
- —Guest mc
Denied medical care
- I was locked in the laporte county jail while I was in there for bout a week I developed a nasty bump on the back of my calf muscle, I immediately alerted medical the began treatment for a fungas, I was prescribed foot fungas cream. Initially this seemed to work but after a day or two the symptoms came back with a vengeance spreading fierce my legs, itching and burning without mercy. I immediately alerted medical explaining that things had got worse. I then was prescribed hydrocortisone cream, this was the same as the fungas cream, didn't work and my presumed rash spreading uncontrolled. I again alerted medical and asked if scabies could be the culprit, doctor said no scabies just a rash, skin fungas or germ then I was presribed prednisone. I suffered with this for almost two months before I was released to the county work release. Upon my arrival I explained my uncured situation and was silenced by threats of getting sent back to jail. I was denied medical treatment, several attempts
- —Guest Tony crabb
Doctor & Staff Allowed any behavior
- I am absolutely appalled how I was recently treated. i have had same ob gyn for about 10 years without any incident. Well this year I start hemorrhaging and it has been absolute nightmare. i have been in and out of hospitals and finally had endometrial ablation, which apparently doctor said did not completely take effect. Now doctor's staff harrasses me saying I have no insurance. it just took a while to process. They called my home threatening to cancel my latest appointment unless I give them a payment immediately by phone. Then coded my information incorrectly as non emergency and almost left me with $8700 ER bill which I had to appeal and won. It has been so humiliating and depressing without as much as a sorry from them. I had to wait last visit after calling saying slightly late due to severe bleeding to be told may not see me. Then realized they were making me wait while ate lunch. Latest thing is nasty letter firing me as being "abusive" patient. A sad time to be a patient
My doc fired me and my wife
- Last yr, I had a increase in which blood cell count. my doc referred me to a hemathologist. A few days later, I received a invitation from a Cancer Treatment center. (I was not aware that the hemathologist was part of that center, and started freaking out. thinking I had cancer...) my wife called doc and said that that was very inapropriate. 2 weeks later, we got a letter, that both myself and my wife were denied as patients, and that we should find another doctor.
mja health care
- I am 9 weeks post op of a rare deasease called epidural lipomatosis.The problem was it went against the contract?I have haa many many cortisone shots.I was allowed to come in and get my prescription medication.And was cut off cold turkey.Withdrawels kicked in.The doctor told me to go back to arizona from pa to get my meds.Yikes!Hopefully I will find another place or I will just go back to arazonia where they treat people with total respect.
- —Guest keith
- Had a lung infection, went to urgent care and was denied seeing the doctor because my primary is medicare, secondary is tri-care for life.
- —Guest SHERRY LAVONNE WYATT
I feel as if i've been blacklisted
- I was attending pain management and because they couldn't get in touch with me by phone to do a pill count,i can never go back but,they left no message and i didn't know they called!Now everywhere i go i'm having a problem!
- —Guest Lisa McCullough
get you first
- I was yelled at by a gynocologist who stood threateningly over me screaming so loud everyone in the waiting room was looking at the door as he walked out. All because I said that I was there for menopause and not a papsmear. About 2 months later, I got a dismissal letter from my Primary, who had referred me, stating that she woulnd not have her colleagues mistrated by me and my disruptive behavior. I was in disbelief and realized HE must have know I had considered filking a complaint against him and his behavior.
- —Guest Lola
Left it pain without doctors
- I have Medicaid due to my inability to work. I have had 5 surgeries to repair my very damaged spinal cord from an auto accident. I have a primary doctor who will not prescribe me pain medications and have no access under my health plan to any pain management doctors within 20 miles of my home. So I am left unmediated and twisting in pain every day. I have children at home who need me so I can't take the easy way out. I could never have imagined the health care system is so poor. I have always been healthy and it has been 3 years and 5 surgeries since my accident and I am left to commit felonies in order to have access to pain meds because my primary care physician is more worried about the crackdown on scripts then my health. They give me referrals to doctor after doctor who are no longer in practice. Not actually verifying the doctor is still accepting the insurance. This has been going on since October of last year. Only the addicts and drug dealers seem to have access to pain meds.
- —Guest Bill J
Denied care due to transferred records
- Called dr after er visit to get meds for bad fall. Opening at 3pm with diff doc (mine was out). Office staff called back said they transferred my medical records and it's policy not to see a patient when this is done. No I could not get in to see current dr. I was in severe pain the whole weekend, even the er would not see me even though office staff said they would. This is not just a problem for baby boomers, I'm in my 30's. Refusal of care needs to be fixed, it shouldn't even be a statement in the English language.
- —Guest Courtney
Physical therapy denial
- I have dealt with Resurgeons for years, several surgeries and a ton of PT. Today I show up for a PT appointment, as prescribed by my physician, and I just happen to mention that I have always had Tri-Care as a secondary, I had just never used it nor had I any intention of using it because I have a dependable primary insurance provider.
They immediately informed me that they would not provide me with care because of the fact that I happened to have tri-care! So of course I asked why, as it would never come into play. The girls at the desk said they really did not know why, just that they had to deny care to anyone that happened to have Tri-Care. Now here is the interesting thing, this, denial of service only applies to their Physical therapy department, resurgeons physicians will still see me. But really do I want to deal with a company that denies people care because they happen to have the insurance the government provides to all disabled veterans?
- —Guest WONeal
Do not complain
- I loved my doc but her staff always bungled my records, lost my phone messages, gave me the wrong answers, and had mistakes on my billing. Since I have several different medical issues of late, I was in contact with them a lot recently and it became like a joke that whatever the staff did they messed it up (ultimately costing me more co-pays for visits I didn't need to make). At my 5th trip to my pharmacist in a week, we were talking about all the times I had been there and had to go back, etc. and I said I love my Doctor but her staff is incompetent. Three days later I got a registered letter saying they are terminating our relationship because they are unable to meet my standards.
- —Guest Kat
- went to the ER. told the dr I didnt have insurance and didn't need an xray. he refused treatment. asked him if he had insurance and he told me he had all sorts of insurance. then told me to go to a neighboring hospital because I had a bad attitude. I was treated like a criminal not worth their time.
- —Guest stef
Denied Care After ER Referral
- I was seen in the ER three times in one week, for Thunderclap headaches, which is a sign of aneurysm. The third time I had one, I went to a different hospital with a severe headache. They treated me like a drug seeker and sent he home with a terrible headache! They referred me to a neurologist to be seen in 2-3 days. After calling the office several times, they finally called me a month and a half later! They said they couldn't see me! I am shocked and appalled!! ER Referral and the doctor won't see me! WOW!!! I am still scared that there is something very wrong. I had to look for a different doctor. I was supposed to be seen in 2-3 days! I have had non stop headaches since!! What happened to the 'hypocritical' oath? That's what it is these days! Hypocritical! They only care about money! And I have excellent insurance! I just want to know what's wrong!
- —Guest Christine McK