According to the US Centers for Disease Control, 101,000 Americans die from hospital acquired infections like MRSA, C. Diff or VRE each year. Have you or a loved one experienced an infection? How did you know you were infected? How did the hospital take care of you? Have you been able to recover? Please share your story to help others. Have You Been Infected?
- hi my name is leah i got staph from the hospital i had an op and now i am suffering from staph its on my face and body i got it in 2012 and it has made my life hell i have scares and my teeth are yuk i have to live now with this all over me some days are bad where i can not go out side coz of my sores all over i carnt live with this no more its a horrible infection to live with
- —Guest leah matthews
- After surgery I developed a staph infection,mono, pancreatitis and a hepatitis...I'm Blessed to be alive!
- —Guest Ms. D
staph infection from my hysterectomy
- I TOO GOT A BAD STAPH WILL IN THE HOSPITAL, I GOT IT SO BAD. I LOST 5 BOTTOM TEETH, I HAD TO HAVE A TONSIL REMOVED, WAS IN AND OUT THE HOSPITAL FOR 6MONTHS, OUT OF WORK FOR A WHOLE YR. FROM ALL THE ANTIBIOTIC THERAPY, I THEN GOT BLOOD CLOTS IN MY UPPER ARMS, AND TO TOP THAT OFF, I GOT LOCK JAM. TILL THIS DAY I AM SICK WITH YEAST IN MY MOUTH AND OTHER PLACES MY DOCTOR JUST CAN'T SEEM TO HELP ME WITH. ITS BEEN SO HARD ON ME AND MY FAMILY. BUT THE SAD PART IS; I CAN'T GET NO HELP FOR THE PAIN. I NEED NEW TEETH, HELP WITH MY FINANCES AND HELP WITH UNDERSTANDING. I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW I ALMOST DIED. BUT GOD HELP ME AND IS BLESSING ME. I WAS SO SICK AND THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE. I WISH I COULD SOME HOW SUE JUST SO THEY WOULD NOT DO THIS TO ANOTHER SOUL.
- —Guest taylena
- Dad died after getting c-diff then spread through out his system.
- —Guest mahalia
mom got infected VRE AND DIED
- My mom had hip Surgery and got Infected by VRE we found out through Dr Hamilton Hospice Dr in June 2012
- —Guest Connie
HTC Virus giving to me
- I had neck surgery in 2009. I didn't know I got HTC till 10/7/2010 through a blood transfusion , Doctor said their blood was always checked for HTC and I believed him . I didn'tknow I could do anything about it till a doctor told me in 2/2014 I could sue the hospital . Got in touch with 3 lawyers and they said the statue of limitaions ran out so I can't sue but I have to suffer the rest of my life with this HTC Virus and its going to be very painful for me .
- —Guest Rick Burkett
Nurse Successfully Treated for CDiff
- after 7 months of suffering with hospital acquired C. Diff, My GI Doc. put me on 6 weeks of Vancomycin. It worked! I have tested negative, however, I still have raging diarrhea, but, because I tested out negative after a colonoscopy, I can go back to work, ( I'm a nurse).
- —Guest bborden
Infected During Shoulder Surgery
- I had a partial shoulder replacement in 2012 I since have not been able to lift my arm went thru manipulation and every other test went to at least five different drs no one would touch me finally found a dr he said I have a infection in joint called it a chronic infection I'm so mad I have been like this unable to use my arm and I am in constant pain
- —Guest Julia
- I am a cleaner at a local hospital. I too was not notified of a person of c diff, we cleaned the room they were in, and the one before that. Now the whole floor has to be scrubbed down. the infection was from antibiotics. I have Crohns desease and don't want to get infected. I am the one to inforce hand washing, and cleaning with 1000 pcs. How else can I combat further contamination? My boss is mad at me for speaking up.
- —Guest sherry
- In June, I had emergency surgery for a small bower obstruction. Everything worked out well, went home in 3 days. 2 weeks later, started having horrible diarrhea, long story short, in Oct. was finally diagnosed with CDiff. All my doctors, the nurses, and any medical personel say that I got it in the hospital. I have been on my second course of Vancomycin for 6 weeks now. If this doesn't work, I'll have to have a fecal transplant. I asked the hospital to help with the bills, but they say there is no proof that I got the infection in the hospital, since I wasn't cultured in the hospital. Now, I have to pay out of pocket for treatment that may or may not work. I cannot do my regular job (I am a nurse), and if I am not cured by the transplant, I will never be able to nurse again. Does anyone think I have a case to sue the hospital?
- I went into hospital for surgery and I got infected with c-diff it wont go away. I have had it for almost 2 month and I thought I was over it for a few days but I got worst. I feel like i am dying. I cant even leave my house for fear of having a wet bowel movement in my pants. I want to sue the hospital.!
Hospital Super Bug!!!
- I awoke Monday morning with severe stomache cramps,diahorea and anal bleeding.Samples were taken yesterday for testing.Today ive been told ive a hospital super bug and need strong antibiotics.I havent had any contact with a hospital or anyone visiting one either.How could this happen.????
- —Guest Allison
Cdiff...what a horrible way to die....
- Mom went in for shoulder surgery and died 10 days later from CDiff.... I feel so incredibly sad...mom dies because someone didnt wash their hands. Or the hospital didnt clean the room. Or the Dr that saw her didn't decontaminate his stethoscope...
- —Guest Robin
- I had surgery for a fluid filld cyst on my spine leaking small amounts of fluid head was killing me I was wonderful 5 days outta surgery woke up the 5th day outta surgery at 3.00 am I ask my hubby to take me back to my dr when arriving my dr, was in surgery when to finally came to check on me he said you aren't getting pain meds he took a huge needle and syringe to pull fluid off of me to find every color in the rainbow in that syringe I went straight to the hospital from his clinic straight to surgery five more surgeries and I went home with my spine open I had to lay flat in the bed for three months having my wound packed and had to have antibiotics for three months I still wann sue the doctor over all the hell I went thru.
- —Guest virginia
- i was involved in a car accident last december. i had two diffrent surgeries done. as i was in the hospital i was picking HUGE chunks of glass out of my face.. i asked a few nurses and doctor about it. they said it's normal and that my body will just reject it. well it is now june and a huge chunk of glass started coming out of my face right by my temple. my face was so swollen i had to go to the ER and have it removed. now i found i'm suffering with Mrsa!!!!!!
- —Guest Ashley