From the article: MRSA, C.Diff, VRE, CRE and Other Superbug Hospital Acquired Infections
According to the US Centers for Disease Control, 101,000 Americans die from hospital acquired infections like MRSA, C. Diff or VRE each year. Have you or a loved one experienced an infection? How did you know you were infected? How did the hospital take care of you? Have you been able to recover? Please share your story to help others. Have You Been Infected?
- I went into hospital for surgery and I got infected with c-diff it wont go away. I have had it for almost 2 month and I thought I was over it for a few days but I got worst. I feel like i am dying. I cant even leave my house for fear of having a wet bowel movement in my pants. I want to sue the hospital.!
Hospital Super Bug!!!
- I awoke Monday morning with severe stomache cramps,diahorea and anal bleeding.Samples were taken yesterday for testing.Today ive been told ive a hospital super bug and need strong antibiotics.I havent had any contact with a hospital or anyone visiting one either.How could this happen.????
- —Guest Allison
Cdiff...what a horrible way to die....
- Mom went in for shoulder surgery and died 10 days later from CDiff.... I feel so incredibly sad...mom dies because someone didnt wash their hands. Or the hospital didnt clean the room. Or the Dr that saw her didn't decontaminate his stethoscope...
- —Guest Robin
- I had surgery for a fluid filld cyst on my spine leaking small amounts of fluid head was killing me I was wonderful 5 days outta surgery woke up the 5th day outta surgery at 3.00 am I ask my hubby to take me back to my dr when arriving my dr, was in surgery when to finally came to check on me he said you aren't getting pain meds he took a huge needle and syringe to pull fluid off of me to find every color in the rainbow in that syringe I went straight to the hospital from his clinic straight to surgery five more surgeries and I went home with my spine open I had to lay flat in the bed for three months having my wound packed and had to have antibiotics for three months I still wann sue the doctor over all the hell I went thru.
- —Guest virginia
- i was involved in a car accident last december. i had two diffrent surgeries done. as i was in the hospital i was picking HUGE chunks of glass out of my face.. i asked a few nurses and doctor about it. they said it's normal and that my body will just reject it. well it is now june and a huge chunk of glass started coming out of my face right by my temple. my face was so swollen i had to go to the ER and have it removed. now i found i'm suffering with Mrsa!!!!!!
- —Guest Ashley
- I had surgery for total knee replacement, in March 2012. After surgery was feeling very ill but left the hospital after five days. I could not figure out why feeling bad but the long story was told to bend my knee. Now, fast forward to six week check up brought this up to my doctor and it went on "death ears" because he told me to keep bending my knee. In that visit asked "Do I have an Infection or a blood cloth" no response from him except to bend knee, in addition told him was loosing weight the response," drink some ensure" and he departed to the next patient. I did have a knee manipulation and there he decides to do a culture just in case, there they found had an infection. Well stayed in the hospital for that blunder and had a knee taken out replace with a cement spacer for almost five months, then revision knee surgery in October 2013. To this day, I still can not bend my knee. I am suffering an no one seems to care. I need a lawyer because lost my quality of life.
- I got a staph infection from Baptist Health, NLR, AR in 2004 after left ankle surgery. Have been diagnoised with severe gastroparesis since then. Only digesting@ 23% in an hr vs. the normal 70% in first hr. The hospital wouldn't admit fault though...but I now for a fact that the woman in the OR just before me, died of a staph infection just 4 days after her minor carpal tunnel surgery. This is a fact proven cause her niece worked w/me & told me ALL of the details, but they still denied my possibilities of also being so sick. I could not lay down for over a month w/o throwing up. I had to sit up in a recliner. For the most part...that is where I sleep most of the time now...my reflux & gaastroparesis rarely let me lie down w/o getting sick.
- —Guest DebE
- In 2008 i survived a MRSA infection but just barely. After surgery for hysterectomy i had returned 3 days later with a fever of 104. i was throwing up and shaking profusly and screaming i wanted to die from having shaking so bad. after several catscans and days later it was found i had 10cm pool of blood in stomach that was a MRSA. it took several weeks and one nite i went for the worse and had a near death experience. after two weeks in hospital and max dose antibiotics and one additional month several antibiotics at home i did recover slowly. i heard my odds were less than 20 % and i realized how deadly and close i came to death.
- —Guest Beatrice
- Tracie: My heart goes out to you. My Dad passed Dec. 22, 2012 because of C. Diff. My brothers and I had to make the decision to take him off life support. He broke his hip, recovered from that, then went to Rehab. He was discharged home to my brother. My brother was told to stop and buy him Imodium, for diarrhea. He was home for a day and 911 was called. He was taken to the local hospital where he went down hill. The hospital in the state where he had rehab did not even test for C. Diff or send him back to the hospital. Everyone's attitude is he was old, it doesn't matter. My Dad was 80 and like yours in good shape, he walked his dog 4 miles a day or more. He drove all over. He had speech problems because of a slight stroke in 1985. On Dads Death Certificate it states C. Diff being cause of death. When the Dr. at his local hospital diagnosed what he had, it was too late. Again, I am so sorry that someone else is going through what I am still trying to come to terms with.
- —Guest Judy
Intestinal and breast milk infection
- I had my son via c-section, and after the c-section I got so sick with a bacterial infection in my breast milk called serratia,(a bacteria that can be deadly if left untreated; usually picked up by hospitals especially through catheters) causing illness and breast milk to turn hot pink!! Made my son sick when nursing he lost tons of weight and was a failure to thrive shortly after that I got an intestinal infection causing my stomach to bloat and swell as if I looked 8 months pregnant again! A lot of pain and risk of colon rupture!!
- —Guest Karissa
- I have been infected by a necrosis disease. Lot of pain the hospital says I have MND I did not pass a single test they threw at me. Very annoyed by this.
- —Guest Sophiestry79
Dad Died from Cdiff
- My dad died from a cdiff infection on March 10,2013. They said it spread to his blood and his organs shutdown. They removed his whole colon and he made it 8 days after the surgery. The hospital and doctors didn't say very much but said he was to weak to fight off the infection because of his age. He was in pretty good health for his age and his mind was perfect before he had the Cdiff. He went to the ER twice with complaints of back pain but they missed the Cdiff and it more time to spread before the finally found out what it was. Dad thought he needed some rehab because pain in back doctor sent him to a rehab and they found they infection there. Rehab sent him to hospital ASAP and he was dead 10 days later. I am so upset over the ER not finding the Cdiff he was there twice within 3 days but they didn't test for the Cdiff.
- —Guest Tracie
- My nephew is a yr old. when he was first circumsized he had caught infection and now it turned to MRSA .. My family and I need help! We have no idea where to turn.. Please Help!
- —Guest Teresa
newborns uti leads to slight menengitis
- My newborn premature twins were in the hospital learning to drink from a bottle and trying to get their wait up so we could take them home. Just when it was time to leave they both got uti's which led to a diagnosis of slight menengitis while under hospital care. They are now five years old can i sue the hospital at all?
- —Guest kaenaha
recovering - need a lawyer
- i got MRCA 3 years ago after a broken ankle surgury went wrong now they tell me there is still a piece of metal in the bone marrow and i dont know what to do. i want justice ive tried to sue them they put me in a county nursing home to die while the surgeon was unreachable on vacation in paris. ive tried to sue but couldnt take on the hospital. now i have to live with the metal in bone marrow eventually may lose my legs. any advice on lawyers that will take on my case? anyone else survive and still feel sick? ive been bedbound for the last two years sometimes i have good days where i can think clearly but have to go to neurologist and dr. every month as i am developing tremors and atropied muscles are not regrowing always exhausted and weak...is this common? any help will be grategully accepted recovering still not knowing what to expect next. thanks
- —Guest ben wicks
1-15 of 50Next