What Services Will You Need?
This task may require you to take out your crystal ball. But don't let that get in your way.
In many cases, you can make a good guess at the kinds of coverage you will need. For example, there are annual doctor visits you may need such as a female/gynecologic exam and mammogram, or an annual cholesterol check. You also know what drugs you take each day, and you know how often you see your dentist or get your vision checked.
Make an educated guess at some of the services that are question marks.
- Do you plan to get pregnant this year?
- Is this the year you know the doctor will recommend a colonoscopy or a bone scan?
- Will your children need camp physicals or a check up before they play school sports?
- How often do they get sick and require doctor visits in an average year?
- What else can you think of that may pop up during next year?
Some health insurers are covering some of the CAM (Complementary and Alternative) therapies such as therapeutic massages and acupuncture. Some even cover you, or reimburse you, for gym memberships and other health behaviors. If these are important to you, you'll want to list them, too.